Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SP Library as mail public folder

Asked By: Jasmin    Date: Feb 06    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 920

We are using SharePoint really much these days. We have currently problem in Outlook being slow because of too big mailboxes, our idea is to use a SharePoint library and sent all emails to that library and then latter connect that library in Outlook that working fine.
but we have a problem as by provided functionality of SP library email directly sent to library is storing the attachments separately as documents in library. Or in a folder created for each email which has attachments.

when I manually copy .msg file in library that contains attachments within message (so its not saving seperate attachments), We need same functionality when somebody sent mail to that library as well.
is this possible?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kai Carney     Answered On: Feb 06

Yes, it is possible.

You could set the Save original e-mail to Yes in the E-Mail Message section of Incoming E-Mail Settings.

But the attachments  will still save to the same document library.

To be honest, I do not think SharePoint is a good place to store mails as you have Exchange / Outlook deployed.

I suggest you to post in Exchange forums to get some advices on how to manage large mailbox.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SP Library as mail public folder Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: