Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Solution package - Deployment

Asked By: Loren    Date: Apr 20    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 808

Sharepoint throws the below error while deploying a solution package today.

ServerNameX: Transaction (Process ID 260) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

So, I logged into the server (ServerNameX) and run the retractsolution command again, it was successful.

I would like to know the root cause for the above mentioned error?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Georgia Barr     Answered On: Apr 20

The error  you have mentioned deadlock happens on SQL Server and there is not one reason for that to happen hence can't point you to specific reason. Also dont know which stored procedure is causing the deadlock, as generally in the error you get the stored proc name also.

But I would suggest you to go thru the Custom solution  that you are trying to activate/deactivte and look at the code (the actual solution code and the Feature receiver code also). As the issue is most likely in the custom solution code on running something that requires higher privileges or some kind of object dispose pattern missing in the code.

Answer #2    Answered By: Jessi Sweet     Answered On: Apr 20

I am not too much into coding....but as far as I know..in custom code u can specify if u will like it to run on a particular server or not..if u do not specify it then it will pick one by it self and dats when it can end up in a dead lock...
If this solution  was developed in house then check the custom code

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Solution package - Deployment Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: