Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

My Site web part additions/exclusions

Asked By: Antione    Date: Jul 29    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 796

Is there a way to set a standard for all users? I want to remove and add various out of the box web parts onto the My Site pages. Also, can you globally set the settings for the My Calendar web part?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Alphonso Mckay     Answered On: Jul 29

“Yes” on setting standard  for all users  and “I don’t know” for globally  setting the My Calendar web  part.

To change the MySite for everyone, as an administrator go to My Site, change to Shared View, then edit the page and make changes.

Some of you might now be realizing how all of a sudden everyone’s MySites changed when you tried to change just your Public view J. This is precisely the reason we put “Domain Admins” of the Sharepoint Server to be just the sharepoint Admins and not the normal IT folks. Generally speaking, the IT folks don’t know squat about sharepoint and the repercussions they can have on changing things (or worse yet, access to privileged information).

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on My Site web part additions/exclusions Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: