Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Site Listing

Asked By: Tanya    Date: Dec 08    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 518

I just discovered something weird and I vaguely remember coming across a similar discussion on this list. We are developing a web part that will list the sites that you have permission to view using a stored procedure. However, when a user first comes to the site (the web part is on the SPS page) the site is blank until the user visits a team site for the first time then that site will show up in the site listing web part. Is there some trigger in the database that validates the user as a valid member or something. Why can't we just have a list of the sites without the user visiting the site first. What am I missing?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Dec 08

Are you using Active Directory security groups for user  permissions? I have found that users are not added to the profile database  when using AD groups until they first visit a team  site.

Answer #2    Answered By: Nina Banks     Answered On: Dec 08

Why are you using a stored  procedure? Won't the SPWeb.GetSubwebsForCurrentUser() method work?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Site Listing Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: