Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Site definition question. SPS 2003

Asked By: Caitlin    Date: Jul 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 603

I'm trying to add a folder with files inside it within a site definition, so that when I create a new wss site based on this site definition, I can access the files. Let's say http://acer/sites/site1/myFolder/home.gif

I added the folder "myFolder" at the level of default.aspx, where do I need to add it's entry in ONET.XML file?

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Jul 15

Folders have to be inside of libraries. IMHPO folders are bad, but be that as it may, you can have a library created when a site  is created from the site definition. I don't know how to add files to a site at creation time other than the default pages and templates.other than

Answer #2    Answered By: Chantal Rosa     Answered On: Jul 15

So can I add a document library prepopulated with files and when I create a new WSS site  it should show the document library with all the files in it?

Is this possible? please advice.

I know I can save the site as a template, but the requirement is to use a Site Definition and not a template.

Answer #3    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: Jul 15

You can add extra file when you are creating Area or site  in sharepoint. Open the onet.xml of particular site template and find <module> tag under find <file> tag
in <FILE> tag mentioned your file name.
So you can add n number of files.if its under folder give proper path foldername/filename

Answer #4    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Jul 15

Yes I know I can do that but I have over 100 files.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Site definition question. SPS 2003 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.