Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Site definition question

Asked By: Keaton    Date: Sep 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 661

I have a custom list which I saved as .stp file and set up a custom view on a portal area home page. Is there a way I can create a site definition so that whenever I create a new area based on this site definition it will automatically show up the custom view.

I couldn't export the list web part to get the .dwp file so I couldn't add to the Onet.XML of the site definition.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Sep 30

Look in the 60 hive under \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\TEMPLATE\1033 and find an area  to copy;e.g. SPSNEWS, and name it SPSCUST. Edit that definition. Copy webtempsps.xml and name it webtempspscust.xml and edit it.

Take a look at http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/27673/0

Answer #2    Answered By: Alyssa Butler     Answered On: Sep 30

I know how to create  a new site  definition, I did based  on SPSTOPIC, I can show  a document library or event list  but couldn't show up a custom  view of a list on the default.aspx page.

On the Onet.XML file  I can add  a web  part say CEWP at
<AllUsersWebPart WebPartZoneID="MiddleRightZone" WebPartOrder="0">....but not the custom lists.

Answer #3    Answered By: Katy Patton     Answered On: Sep 30

Have you tried adding your custom  list via <List Title="Custom" Type="......" ... />
to the <Configuration ID="0" Name="Default"> and
<View List="....." BaseViewID="0" WebPartZoneID="Right" WebPartOrder="3"/>

to the <Module Name="Default" Url="" Path=""> in the onet.xml

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Site definition question Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: