Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Site creation error "Access denied"

Asked By: Tapasvi    Date: Jun 15    Category: MOSS    Views: 1666

I am working in sharepoint only for short time now. I have setup a virtual small farm with real built in accounts as suggested on Microsoft site (13 accounts were created and used for different purposes). I have used a setup account and installed the sharepoint successfully and created the first webapplication and then created a sitecollection using publishing portal site template and the created a team site under it while creating the site collection i gave MossUser as the site collection administrator ( so i guess as a administrator he has rights to creat sites). but when i created a records center site i get the error acces denied and when i go and watch the site content and structure i can see the recordcenter site related info but i cannot access the site and it gives access denied error. So i deleted it and recreated a different web app and then site collection with record center template and it worked fine.

I have read even others got the same error. But my question is what is the use of Site collection administrator if he is not allowed to create the site and also i want to know from you guys is there any condition that the top level site should be based on certain site template so i can create any ohter sites under it later when i want. reply me with ur suggestions so i can learn more about the moss 2007.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jay Pilgaonkar     Answered On: Jun 15

Launch the browser as administrator  and try the same operation once.

Also try using STSADM or Powershell to create  the site

Answer #2    Answered By: Yvette Lyons     Answered On: Jun 15

One cause of this issue could be broken permissions inheritance. Imaging that the site  directory had been broken permissions and site collection  administrator no longer has permission to the site, when he try to create  a sub site, he will get “Access Denied” error  as he isn’t authorized to add to the directory.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Site creation error "Access denied" Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: