Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Site Collection Deleted and Requested again - The Site URL has already been requested

Asked By: Eliseo    Date: Sep 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 5419

Running a new implementation in my lab prior to rollout and am using the released ECTS kit. The issue is:

When I have created a site collection (it has been approved, created and logged into it)

Deleted the site collection using site collection manager

Attempts to request a site collection with the same name gives the error "The site URL has already been requested."

I don't see any workflow associated with this and the Site collection does not show up in the site collection list from central admin or ECTS site collection manager.

Is there a period of time I must wait for perhaps a timer job to run? Is there any way to manually force something to allow the site collection to be created using an already been used name?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Myron Calhoun     Answered On: Sep 17

This is a known bug. If you think this is going to be a common scenario for your org then let us through an idea/discussion posted on the codeplex site  and maybe it can be fixed.

For an immediate work-around you can open up the SQL db and delete the offending row from the site collection  creation workflow  table. By doing so you would loose any historical information related to the previous request  & provisioning action.