Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Showing Reporting Services with FBA Authentication

Asked By: Angelique    Date: Sep 07    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2820

I want to show reporting services on my website. and I am using Windows authentication. but whenever i access this reporting on server site, every time it asks for user name and password so I want to resolve this problem. so what are the proposed solutions to this problem? can i use FBA authentication. if i want to use. how can i do this? will Web-Parts or Features helpful. if it is then how can i do this?
otherwise if you have any good solutions please let me know

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Doris Leach     Answered On: Sep 07

When you configure a report server  to run in SharePoint integrated mode, the report server uses the authentication  provider and permissions defined in the SharePoint Web application to control access  to report server items and operations. A report server supports the following authentication methods:

· Windows Authentication with integrated security (Kerberos is enabled)

· Windows Authentication, without impersonation or delegation

· Forms authentication

By using Windows integrated security, you can eliminate the classic "double-hop" issue wherein Windows credentials expire after a single connection. That means you don’t need to authenticate twice.

For more information about Security Overview for Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated Mode, please refer to the following article:

Security Overview for Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated Mode
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb283324.aspx

For more information about how to deploy Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated Mode, please refer to the following article:

Deployment Topologies for Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated Mode
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb510781.aspx

Answer #2    Answered By: Sumitra 2004     Answered On: Sep 07

Thanks for your reply. As I said in the previous post, A report server  supports Forms authentication  and Windows authentication.

When you extend FBA mode, you can use reporting  services under Forms authentication. But both Reporting services  and SharePoint products and technologies support forms authentication. The implementation is different for each product group and they are not compatible. Reporting Services custom authentication extensions are not supported for report servers that run in SharePoint integration mode.

When you choose Windows authentication, the account of the user  browsing the page is used to call the web service. There can be here some impersonation/delegation mechanisms that could lead to double hop issues. In case of a double hop, you need to setup Kerberos delegation.

For more information about Windows Authentication or Trusted Authentication, please refer to the following article:
Security Overview for Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated Mode
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb283324.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Showing Reporting Services with FBA Authentication Or get search suggestion and latest updates.