Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SharePoint - Small Bussiness Server R2 Updgarde Advice?

Asked By: Ronald    Date: Apr 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 616

I am about to upgrade my SBS Server to 2003 R2 …I am currently installed using SQL 2000 for my WSS Content database.

Any Gotha’s, precautions, advice from this group before I begin?

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Chadd Hahn     Answered On: Apr 14

I've done a few of these already. The documentation on the CD explains very clearly how to upgrade  Sharepoints MSDE to SQL 2005 WE - it works just fine - except ensure you use the CD's to install SQL 2005 rather than copying the CD's to the hard drive first - if you do that then you will fail to install SQL properly.

Answer #2    Answered By: Cheryl Kelley     Answered On: Apr 14

I’ll follow the install directions in the CD.

By the way, I had already concerted my Sharepoint Content from MSDE to SQL 2000 ...do the CD installation guides cover this too?

Answer #3    Answered By: Sharonda Mcfarland     Answered On: Apr 14

The installation instructions do not specifically mention SQL 2000 to 2005, but the means they use to move the sharepoint  database is a simple detach and attach in SQL therefore I would expect it to work regardless of the scenario. Please let me know how it goes.

BTW - my site www.SBSfaq.com runs off Sharepoint on an SBS server  - the current site is on SQL2000 and I'm preping a new server with SQL 2005 - will migrate to WSS3.0 soon once I get more familiarity with it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint - Small Bussiness Server R2 Updgarde Advice? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: