Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

sharepoint service account

Asked By: Ahmed    Date: Jan 25    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1097

support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

umm, i have a regular portal and it works fine, now i went to a medium farm topology and patched it all up, now my index/job server is spitting out 7012 and 7073 errors. the kb says to do the local administrator thing.. im just not a fan of giving local admin to service accounts, so do i have a choice?

also,

i am working on setting up a medium farm with nlb and all sorts of little switch tweaks as well as the sql clustering backend (havent really decided on a/a or a/p), and publishing a jumpstart.

i was thinking of setting up a sharepoint wiki similar to my gentoo (linux, dont be scared) one http://gentoo-wiki.com/Main_Page .. would anyone be interested in getting something like this going?

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kareem Flynn     Answered On: Jan 25

is this even talking service  account or is it talking about this page: sharepoint:666/.../Default.aspx ? (some info changed to protect the innocent).

it says:
Set sharepoint  Administrator Group Account
Specify the Windows NT security group account  to which you want to grant administrative access for SharePoint Products and Technologies. Members of this group do not have to be local administrators to perform administration tasks for SharePoint.

Note that members of the local Administrators group can also perform administration tasks for SharePoint Products and Technologies.

and currently i still have it at the default setting of my service account.

Answer #2    Answered By: Tyron Calderon     Answered On: Jan 25

also, does everyone see the crawl account  in the access logs for WSS sites?

Answer #3    Answered By: Irvin Foley     Answered On: Jan 25

wow.. what are you guys a bunch of developers or something? no similar behavior on a farm?

Answer #4    Answered By: Suresh Pydi     Answered On: Mar 20

Here is one more post explaining sharepoint service accounts

sureshpydi.blogspot.in/.../...epoint-accounts.html

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on sharepoint service account Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: