Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint Searching

Asked By: Jamal    Date: Feb 01    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 578

Does anyone have any information on customising Sharepoint Portal searching?

I am trying to get list contents included in the portal search and am struggling. Have removed and amended the included / excluded content in 'Configure Search and Indexing' to basically include everything and have added *.aspx as suggested on a blog I found, but this still doesn't seem to be working.

If it makes a difference, the list in question is on the sub-site of a site from the portal, so the third level down if you like.

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ashley Robbins     Answered On: Feb 01
Answer #2    Answered By: Kelly Fowler     Answered On: Feb 01

Check the crawl schedule. By default I believe SPS only crawls subsites once a day. I normally change this to perform an incremental crawl every 15 minutes or so depending on the size of the implementation. When I first started working  with 2003 it took me a while to figure out why items I added  on subsites wouldn't appear in the search  results. Once I realized they did appear the next day I realized the answer was to change the crawling schedule.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint Searching Or get search suggestion and latest updates.