Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint Reporting Services - Role base security possible in Reports?

Asked By: Mohammad    Date: Mar 28    Category: MOSS    Views: 1132

In my MOSS site I have deployed a report. I need to give access to the contents of these reports as per the person logged in into the site. For eg:

If in my report I have

ManagerID...............................ManagerName.......................Details
X..............................................ABC........................................X1xxxxxxxxx
..............................................................................................X2xxxxxxxxx
..............................................................................................X3xxxxxxxxx
Y..............................................JKL.........................................Y1yyyyyyyyy
..............................................................................................Y2yyyyyyyyy
..............................................................................................Y3yyyyyyyyy
Z..............................................STU.........................................Z1zzzzzzzzz
...............................................................................................Z2zzzzzzzzz
...............................................................................................Z3zzzzzzzzz

If Manager ABC is logged in to the MOSS site he should see only details X1,X2 and X3. and not the Y1,Y2,Y3,Z1,Z2 and Z3. Likewise if Manager JKL should see only details Y1,Y2 and Y3. Manager STU should see only Z!,Z2 and Z3.

Is there any way to do this? Can anyone help me?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Tamika Cummings     Answered On: Mar 28

I found the solution for the issue.

I could solve it at SSRS itself.

Took the user id of the person  who is viewing the report  from Users!UserID global parameter of the report and gave it to my query as the parameter. I retrieved the data for that particular Manager ID only from the DB and displayed it in my reports.