Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint and Reporting Services Integration - Set-up

Asked By: Gregory    Date: Jul 08    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1397

I am having major issues setting up my environment (run in one issue after another)

- I have my sharepoint, reporting services and reporting services addon on the one server
- my sharepoint databases point to a sql 2005 server
- my reporting services points to a sql 2008 server

I am following steps here

When I am trying to complete "Grant Database Access" I see the error
"Unable to connect to the Report Server WMI provider."

I read somewhere that the sql 2005 database may not work with the 2008.

So I tried to follow steps from

Now I cannot even do a full backup as I see the error
Object WSS_Search_CAM01MOSS failed in event OnBackup. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory.

I am at a loss. Could somebody point me in the right direction... or super doopa instructions?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Maribel Todd     Answered On: Jul 08

Do you use Windows Server 2008? If yes, it’s a known issue  that you might receive this error message. This happens because User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 requires explicit acceptance from an administrator to elevate and use the administrator token when performing tasks that require administrator permissions. In this case, however, the Windows SharePoint Services Administration service cannot be elevated to grant the Reporting Services service account or accounts access to the SharePoint configuration and content databases.

You can try the workaround below to manually grant database access:
1. Add the Report Server service account to the WSS_WPG Windows group on the Reporting Services computer.
2. Connect to the database instance that hosts the SharePoint configuration and content databases, and create a SQL database login for the Report Server service account.
3. Add the SQL database login to the following database roles:
l db_owner role in the WSS Content database
l WSS_Content_Application_Pools role in the SharePoint_Config database

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint and Reporting Services Integration - Set-up Or get search suggestion and latest updates.