Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SharePoint Real World - TroubleShooting

Asked By: Heriberto    Date: Apr 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 847

I'm looking for a place (book / website / articles / blogs ... ) from where I can brush up my SharePoint Real-time Administration Knowledge.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rosemarie Cervantes     Answered On: Apr 13

SharePoint is built on .Net Framework (ASP.Net) and SQL Server as the backend.
So you should find and know tools like NetMon, SQL Tracing (PerfMon), Firebug is good too, Fiddler.
These tools help you, as well also learn to understand the ULS logs (SharePoint logs in 12 hive) they are simple and try to search on the net there is a simple tool also on codeplex that will allow you to view it properly.

Event logs are another place  where you should be looking if something goes wrong or even on a day to day basis to identify any issues.

IIS logs are also a good place to look for traces of culprits that cause the server to hog at times.

As such you wont find a book  or one article or blogs  that will give all the information but you can always look out for the above mentioned stuff and that should help you in becoming a good Admin on SharePoint.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint Real World - TroubleShooting Or get search suggestion and latest updates.