Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint and Project Server Integration Issue

Asked By: Alyssa    Date: Sep 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 884

I’m trying to integrate Sharepoint 2k3 with Project Server 2k3. SharePoint is running on a physical server and Project on VMWare Server. I have the URL’s in project test correctly for sharepoint and sharepoint admin pages. The admin accounts are the same for both servers so access rights shouldn’t be an issue. When I go to sync from a WSS list to project I get the following error:

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Stefanie Ruiz     Answered On: Sep 26
Answer #2    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: Sep 26

ut it didn’t resolve the issue. I think it is some network settings not allowing some communication between the servers. Our network team will be looking at it on Wednesday. Are there any special ports that I need to be aware of with SharePoint/Project server  that need to be open besides the WSS admin  site port?

Answer #3    Answered By: Royce Orr     Answered On: Sep 26

that one will certainly come in handy when you are scratching your head
wondering why the project  server cant be updated :)

im stumped on the issue  however. is there a firewall inbetween the two boxes or
are they on seperate networks? same domain? the "admin" account, do you mean
the application pool identity for project and the admin  login for project were
the same?

im a bit dusty (it was a horrible experience) but project didnt seem to have the
same .net'ish model of running  - it was even capable to add (project)users
outside a domain!

Answer #4    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Sep 26

run \Program Files\Microsoft Office Project Server 2003\BIN\1033\pscomplus.exe

verify these accounts  have the correct access  and are also admin  on both machines. if you continue to have issues, email me directly.

Are the 'test link' shortucts working in Project Server Admin --> Manage WSS? There are 2, one says 'test url' the other is a link below SPS Extranet address.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint and Project Server Integration Issue Or get search suggestion and latest updates.