Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

sharepoint portal with other IIS website

Asked By: Karissa    Date: Mar 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1270

i am having win2003 R2 with sharepoint enable , now when i am using sharepoint services , i can see that my other website under IIS is not working , since my organization is having other intranet portal developed in asp.net and using other database from which various reports get gengerated.

I am trying to find out is there any way that either i can call this portal inside sharepoint portal or i need to run them separately.

If i need to call inside the sharepoint portal then kindly help me to know the steps to do the same,

and if i need to run seperately then how i can configure the same in IIS , my IIS version is 6.0

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Corina Duran     Answered On: Mar 14

Run them separately.

SharePoint only affects IIS for what it needs. It may disable the default web site if you create a SP site at port 80 with no host headers. You can create a new Web Site using IIS for your other portal(s). Just make sure its URL is different somehow (different TCP port or different host header).

Since SP runs on the ASP.Net framework, it is possible to fold other ASP.Net portals into it, but it is not a trivial project.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on sharepoint portal with other IIS website Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: