Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint newbie

Asked By: Mike    Date: Jun 25    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 11237

Hi folks

I am trying to understand sharepoint 2010 but unable to figure out where the start point is. there is a lot of info on the web, but spaghatti is the best word I can come up to describe the information I am reading.

Need help with basic question.

I got an x64 8GB machine on an intranet. I want to install sharepoint 2010 so that my team (15 folks) can share a web ACCESS databases.

Q1. What is it that I need to buy? Is share point a CD, a License? both? do you buy them both at once ... basic stuff which I find very conflicting info on the web. Example, on one web site, sharepoint license is advertised for $89, on another, enterprise licese is listed for $3000+. I am confused.

Can someone please explain:
a- What do I need to buy or tell my boss to buy.
b- how to install.
b- what would be a good reference to learn more about share point.

I currently have Apache/PHP/MySQL set up at my home computer. That was pretty easy to set up. At work, I have VS 2010 which I use with C# and SQL 2008 / ACCESS 2010.

I was hoping sharepoint would have same level of easeness as installing Apache/PHP/MySQL , but it seems to be not the case.

Many thanks

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint newbie Or get search suggestion and latest updates.