Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint newbie

Asked By: Mike    Date: Jun 25    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 11477

Hi folks

I am trying to understand sharepoint 2010 but unable to figure out where the start point is. there is a lot of info on the web, but spaghatti is the best word I can come up to describe the information I am reading.

Need help with basic question.

I got an x64 8GB machine on an intranet. I want to install sharepoint 2010 so that my team (15 folks) can share a web ACCESS databases.

Q1. What is it that I need to buy? Is share point a CD, a License? both? do you buy them both at once ... basic stuff which I find very conflicting info on the web. Example, on one web site, sharepoint license is advertised for $89, on another, enterprise licese is listed for $3000+. I am confused.

Can someone please explain:
a- What do I need to buy or tell my boss to buy.
b- how to install.
b- what would be a good reference to learn more about share point.

I currently have Apache/PHP/MySQL set up at my home computer. That was pretty easy to set up. At work, I have VS 2010 which I use with C# and SQL 2008 / ACCESS 2010.

I was hoping sharepoint would have same level of easeness as installing Apache/PHP/MySQL , but it seems to be not the case.

Many thanks
Mike.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint newbie Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: