Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SharePoint force password change

Asked By: Alex    Date: Mar 19    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2679

Is there anyway to get SharePoint to force the user to change their password. Basically we have several requirements that users can't recycle passwords, passwords must be a certain length, etc. Is there anyway that we can enforce this via SharePoint. I think the big problem is our users aren't logging into workstations that authenticate against the AD domain. They are only hitting the domain via SharePoint.

Anyone have any ideas? Could I develop my own custom isapi filter to live above the SharePoint one and check Active Directory before it hits the stsfltr? If anyone has any ideas, I'd be greatly appreciative.

6 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rodolfo Tate     Answered On: Mar 19

Here is the best post I've seen on this topic:

In my spare time (grin) I am working on a Change Password Web Part. Watch
for it later this year.

Answer #2    Answered By: Jesus Foster     Answered On: Mar 19

Do you know of any way to force  users to have to change  their password? i.e. the user  has had the same password  for a couple of months - the system notifies them that they have to change it. If you have any idea to throw out there, then that would be great. I've pretty much hit a brickwall with it. I know that Active Directory has some domain  policies that you can set, but I don't think they are actually used or enforced by SharePoint.

Answer #3    Answered By: Alfredo May     Answered On: Mar 19

Yes I know how but it would be too in depth to discuss here. Once I have a
working viable solution I will post a link here.

Answer #4    Answered By: Preston Moreno     Answered On: Mar 19
Answer #5    Answered By: Rickey Strickland     Answered On: Mar 19

I still think that a tool part version would be best.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint force password change Or get search suggestion and latest updates.