Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SharePoint force password change

Asked By: Alex    Date: Mar 19    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2711

Is there anyway to get SharePoint to force the user to change their password. Basically we have several requirements that users can't recycle passwords, passwords must be a certain length, etc. Is there anyway that we can enforce this via SharePoint. I think the big problem is our users aren't logging into workstations that authenticate against the AD domain. They are only hitting the domain via SharePoint.

Anyone have any ideas? Could I develop my own custom isapi filter to live above the SharePoint one and check Active Directory before it hits the stsfltr? If anyone has any ideas, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Share: 

6 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Rodolfo Tate     Answered On: Mar 19

Here is the best post I've seen on this topic:
http://tinyurl.com/4z3al

In my spare time (grin) I am working on a Change Password Web Part. Watch
for it later this year.

Answer #2    Answered By: Jesus Foster     Answered On: Mar 19

Do you know of any way to force  users to have to change  their password? i.e. the user  has had the same password  for a couple of months - the system notifies them that they have to change it. If you have any idea to throw out there, then that would be great. I've pretty much hit a brickwall with it. I know that Active Directory has some domain  policies that you can set, but I don't think they are actually used or enforced by SharePoint.

Answer #3    Answered By: Alfredo May     Answered On: Mar 19

Yes I know how but it would be too in depth to discuss here. Once I have a
working viable solution I will post a link here.

Answer #4    Answered By: Preston Moreno     Answered On: Mar 19

Answer #5    Answered By: Rickey Strickland     Answered On: Mar 19

I still think that a tool part version would be best.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint force password change Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: