Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint and documents

Asked By: Simon    Date: Jul 08    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 749

I have been trying to get my clients to use Sharepoint for documents, however I'm not really sure if Is it really worth the added overhead to use Sharepoint for documents if your not going to use versioning or even office 2003?

I find several drawbacks to using it, and they aren't overwhelmed by the positive points?? Troubleshooting problems just seems a bear??

We have volume shadow copy, offline files, etc with the standard directory? Why Sharepoint?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Demetrius Mcdaniel     Answered On: Jul 08

Well, you'll use the doc libs because you want collaboration and a place in which small teams can develop new content. It is a more efficient method of content creation than using email to pass documents  around. You can easily turn on versioning  and Office XP and Office 2000 can be used with SPS/WSS, though there are some funcation losses with this.

It may be that your organization doesn't really need collaboration, in which case, SPS/WSS may not be a great solution for you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint and documents Or get search suggestion and latest updates.