Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

SharePoint Document Library Column Header filtering issue

Asked By: Feraz    Date: Feb 06    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 968

I have a document library with close to 5000 docs. When signed in as a site collection admin, applying filtering via column header on a column that contains only 20 unique values works fine. However, when logged on as a site user with lesser privileges, clicking on the same column header takes very long, sometimes 5 minutes to render the filter options box. The document library applies unique permissions to each item.

My questions are:
1.Why does it take so long for the filter options box to appear when logged on as a non site collection admin.
2.I want to enable, by default, column headers to display filter choices as shown in this image (https://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pFGSmiz64o8tVAkFnUnkXKbIWiwcjKDDv8f3Wf9JvUAHaF57q4_xr4hNm_TmQg7th/ShowFiltersColumnHeader.png?psid=1). How can i achieve this. Some posts on internet suggest to remove

<xsl:if test="$dvt_adhocmode = 'filter'" ddwrt:cf_ignore="1">

in DVWP to enable filter choices to display by default. but i do not know how to achieve this. SharePoint designer doesn't seem to help.

Thanks for your help.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint Document Library Column Header filtering issue Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: