Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint bulk file replace SSRS report update

Asked By: Conrad    Date: Oct 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1458

I have a sharepoint site with integrated Sql Server Reporting services. I have several subsites (one for each deparment) each with a version of a particular report (profit and loss for example). Unfortunately, these reports have become out of sync whenever changes to the reports.

Is there a simple way of batch replacing each of the reports on all of the subsites without losing the report parameters using either batch/xcopy/script etc from a single source?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: John Scott     Answered On: Oct 24

If I understand correctly, these reports  are distributed on different web sites and that is the main difficulties to update  them in one go.

I do not have any workaround to your situation unless you could centralized manage the reports in one library.
There is a possible way of using programming, here is the main logic for your reference:
1. Create a document library and add a distributed path column to store the destination of the reports.
2. Create an event receiver to replace  the reports based on the value of distributed path column when the report  is updated on this library.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint bulk file replace SSRS report update Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: