Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint Bloggers

Asked By: Stephanie    Date: Aug 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 590

Here is my partially complete list of people who semi regularily blog on Sharepoint - if anyone knows of any others please send them along!

weblogs.sharepointpartner.de/mgreth/Rss.aspx [in German]
blogs.gotdotnet.com/.../GetRss? [more on MCMS than WSS/SPS but occassionally]
erolgiraudy.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/Rss.aspx [in French]

I think I am missing U2Us PatrickT's Blog from the above list

Both the French and German Blogs mentioned above are 'dedicated' feeds on WSS/SPS unlike some of the others which occassionally blog on WSS/SPS

Unfortunately I have yet to discover a Microsoftie who Blogs on WSS/SPS something I kinda would have hoped for!

7 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Bhairavi Damle     Answered On: Aug 12

/start display of complete  ignorance
What is a blog?
end display of complete ignorance

Answer #2    Answered By: Leeann Hull     Answered On: Aug 12
Answer #3    Answered By: Vaasu Radhakrishna     Answered On: Aug 12

Blogging is something that's come out of the internet culture where people  want to be heard, no matter how insignificant that information may be. The term blog  is from "weB LOG" so it was shorted to blog. The main idea is to enter your thoughts, ideas, news, opinions, etc. on anything and it gets posted to a website where people can go to specifically get information on that topic or just listen to what you have to say because you're controversial, funny, etc.

From blogger they define it as:
A blog is a web page made up of usually short, frequently updated posts that are arranged chronologically—like a what's new page or a journal. The content and purposes of blogs varies greatly—from links and commentary about other web sites, to news about a company/person/idea, to diaries, photos, poetry, mini-essays, project updates, even fiction.
Blog posts are like instant messages to the web.

Many blogs are personal, "what's on my mind" type musings. Others are collaborative efforts based on a specific topic or area of mutual interest. Some blogs are for play. Some are for work. Some are both.

Blogs are also excellent team/department/company/family communication tools. They help small groups communicate in a way that is simpler and easier to follow than email or discussion forums. Use a private blog on an intranet to allow team members to post related links, files, quotes, or commentary. Set up a family blog where relatives can share personal news. A blog can help keep everyone in the loop, promote cohesiveness and group culture, and provide an informal "voice" of a project or department to outsiders.

There are many services on the net that offer "blogging" type functions. I personally use Blogger (which Google recently bought) but there are others (mostly free) both public (you don't need anything except a place to publish your blog) and private (you run the blogging software on your server).

For more information on it you can check out blogger at:

Answer #4    Answered By: Brinda Bca     Answered On: Aug 12

Here's last year's list  of the top 100 sharepoint  bloggers, by Joel:

Oh, and mine is http://spinsiders.com/laurar

Answer #5    Answered By: Sheryl Velez     Answered On: Aug 12

Check out the sharepoint  Reporter for the latest SharePoint jobs and
blogs (currently 136 and counting):

If you have a SharePoint blog  which isn't indexed by the SharePoint
Reporter, you can add it as well (Blogs > Add a Blog).

Answer #6    Answered By: Alexandra Lewis     Answered On: Aug 12

That is an awesome url. Check out this SharePoint search engine.

It isn't pretty but it works.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint Bloggers Or get search suggestion and latest updates.