Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint and AS400

Asked By: Clifton    Date: Oct 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2087

Is it possible to retrieve data from AS400 mainframe? If yes, do you
know any links or articles that you could share?

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Lamont Tran     Answered On: Oct 17

And now for the longer answer. I don’t know how to do it myself, due to a lack of AS400 machines to play with. However, doing a Google on AS400 ODBC download did turn up a lot of useful looking hits. Here’s one: www.hitsw.com/products_services/sql400/sql400.html This company looks like it provides a variety of ODBC drivers for AS400 machines. I imagine that as long as you have an ODBC driver or some other sort of common database connector installed on the AS400, you should be able to retrieve  the data. You can also check http://www.sourceforge.net They have some AS400 projects there, but I’m not sure if any are what you need.

Answer #2    Answered By: Orlando Silva     Answered On: Oct 17

I concur, although I've not done it either. But my brother works for the
IBM division in Rochester, MN that was responsible for the Windows
application access to AS400 data. My brother was specifically
responsible for the creation of IBM's free OLEDB driver for the AS400. I
sent him an email. I'll try to forward his reply. However, I'll be in
Phoenix all next week and don't know what kind of Internet access I'll

Answer #3    Answered By: Frank Daske     Answered On: Jan 17

Follow these steps to connect native SharePoint lists bi-directional to AS400 data with full insert / update / delete, RSS, change notification and workflows on data change. It's completely without any coding. The IBMDA400 OLEDB Driver provided by IBM System i Access for Windows has to be installed on the SharePoint WFE & Application Servers:

The Shareware is free to download and use.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint and AS400 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.