Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SharePoint Application Errors

Asked By: Scot    Date: Aug 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 557

Has anyone ever encountered these errors.

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Brooks Bond     Answered On: Aug 15

that doesn't look like a sharepoint  error. i would reload Service pack(s)

Answer #2    Answered By: Gregg Wilkinson     Answered On: Aug 15

I’ve not seen these exact errors. I’d call PSS about this one. What are the symptoms? Just curious…………

Answer #3    Answered By: Darrel Sexton     Answered On: Aug 15

This error has been recurring for quite some time. Before it was not causing any problems. But a few days again it has become a major problem. It brought down our portal which is a mission critical application. I had to reboot the web server and the portal comes back.

What is happening is when this error occurs user are not longer able to access the WSS sites but they are able to access SPS but it prompts them for a username and password (which is should NEVER do) and even if they put in their current username and password it still does not let them in. They just continue to get the pop up prompt.

I have been dealing with Microsost PS and all things seem to point to Symantec. Seems there are two folders that should never be scanned by Symantec so I am monitoring the server right now.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint Application Errors Or get search suggestion and latest updates.