MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Sharepoint 2007 Refresh Excel workbook automatically

Asked By: Sondra    Date: Jan 19    Category: MOSS    Views: 3615

I'm new to this forum and I've recently started using Sharepoint 2007.
I've created in Reports Library an Excel Workbook that contains a pivot table/chart. The data contained come from an external data source connection with a view from sql server 2008. In the Excel ODBC Connection properties I've checked all the options concerning refreshing data. The problem is that the data are refreshed every 30 minutes in sql server database and i have to open the excel every time, refresh the data connection, save it in sharepoint report library and then refresh the workbook in sharepoint. So is there any automated way for the data to be refreshed automatically by an odbc connection for example through sharepoint server? as it is in excel...

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Delilah Mcpherson     Answered On: Jan 19

I believe the issue you are experiencing is because of delegation. Take a look at this information in the MSDN library. You need to be able to pass the context of the current user, so you need to do some additional steps to get this to work.

You can turn off the messaging in the Shared Service Provider for the Data Connection Library configuration so that it will not display the message each time it tries to refresh.

The charts will not be displayed the same way as you have them in the original workbook. Excel Services do not fully support all of the visuals yet. I wish they did.

Answer #2    Answered By: Gobinda Navalagi     Answered On: Jan 19

I was assuming since you stated you were using Excel Services that you already had the connection setup for Windows Authentication and had the file placed in a trusted Data Connection Library. Glad you are on the right track now.

You can close out this thread since you have resolved your issue.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sharepoint 2007 Refresh Excel workbook automatically Or get search suggestion and latest updates.