MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

SharePoint 2007 Records Center Question-Routing List

Asked By: Katlyn    Date: Jan 13    Category: MOSS    Views: 1216

I have created a separate site collection using the records center template. I have followed the directions for creating the link between the records center and the rest of the farm. The “send to” records center feature was tested using the default unclassified records library. The document and all the metadata arrived in the library as expected.

Then I created a new library with the content types name. I added an entry in the routing list with the same name for the record routing title and location. This has failed to copy the document or metadata into the required library. All I have gotten is the “The records center is not properly configured for this request” error.

It was suggested to turn the verbose setting on for the SharePoint logs to help find the problem. The log shows a few records center entries. It appears the new holdingzone object is created. Then it initializes the edit list role and finds the edit list role by id. The next step gives details about the holdingzone object being created. Then it says it is adding the file to the records center. This includes some of the properties like recordrouting and file length. The next step says the holdingzone object has been disposed. The final line repeats the event viewer’s error message-not properly configured for this request.

The default unclassified routing still works which leads me to believe the problem is somewhere in the record routing list. The same file goes to the unclassified library as soon as I remove the record routing entry.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Heena Nagori     Answered On: Jan 13

Make sure that the user from whose account you are sending the file is a member of the records  Center Submitters group in the records center  site. The document library you create in the records center can be any name. It does not have to match the name of the content type of the file. That way, you can route many types of documents to the same library using a single routing table entry. Just add the content type names to the "Aliases" field of the record routing entry.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint 2007 Records Center Question-Routing List Or get search suggestion and latest updates.