Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

SharePoint 2003 and SSAS 2005 cubes

Asked By: Ruchir    Date: Aug 04    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 757

I have SharePoint Portal Server 2003 (with WSS 2.0) with MS Office 2003 installed only and the Data Cube available is built with SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services.

Are all those systems and applications compatible with each other? If not, what needs to be done other than the obvious solution of upgrading MS Office, SharePoint, and WSS?

There is a previous post social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../ca05ed06-7e22-4136-ac15-d76d198a5622 but I don´t see an answer that fits my needs. Aren´t SSRS matrix reports static? Can I pivot these reports?

I searched for the SQL Server 2005 drivers but they can´t be installed in SharePoint 2003, they are for SharePoint 2007 www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

I have Office 2003 on the clients but we are looking for a web solution.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Akshara Negalur     Answered On: Aug 04

You can create OWC Reports. You can use either front page or sharepoint  designer and add OWC Control.(This is an activex control).You can use the pivot table control and connect the same to the cube . Deploy this webpage into a virtual directory. Use Page Viewer web part to call the page when you want to display a pivot table report.
This report can be exported to Excel also from the web.

SSRS Reports are static.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on SharePoint 2003 and SSAS 2005 cubes Or get search suggestion and latest updates.