Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Shared Attachments

Asked By: Ervin    Date: Jul 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 667

Has anyone used the Shared Attachments feature of Outlook 2003? If so, I am curious to hear about your experiences, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of using this feature.

Off the cuff, I can think of a few of each:

Advantages

-Provides end users with the ability to easily create a simple workspace for a single document, without having to know much about the administrative features of SharePoint

-With a single step, you can create a workspace, attach a document, give users rights to the document, and notify them of its location

-Instead of constantly emailing a document back and forth, there is one version, which is the version stored in SharePoint

Disadvantages

-You’d have to train users on the appropriate use of the workspace. You wouldn’t want them to start using this in place of the collaborative sites that you’ve made.

-Definitely not the final resting place for any documents that should live on in the portal, and I could see potential for users to over-use the workspaces and leave things in these workspaces.

And those are just my initial thoughts after just playing around with this for a few minutes. If anyone else has used this in real-world scenarios, I’d be very curious about your experience.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Shared Attachments Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: