Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Shared Attachments

Asked By: Ervin    Date: Jul 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 656

Has anyone used the Shared Attachments feature of Outlook 2003? If so, I am curious to hear about your experiences, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of using this feature.

Off the cuff, I can think of a few of each:

-Provides end users with the ability to easily create a simple workspace for a single document, without having to know much about the administrative features of SharePoint

-With a single step, you can create a workspace, attach a document, give users rights to the document, and notify them of its location

-Instead of constantly emailing a document back and forth, there is one version, which is the version stored in SharePoint

-You’d have to train users on the appropriate use of the workspace. You wouldn’t want them to start using this in place of the collaborative sites that you’ve made.

-Definitely not the final resting place for any documents that should live on in the portal, and I could see potential for users to over-use the workspaces and leave things in these workspaces.

And those are just my initial thoughts after just playing around with this for a few minutes. If anyone else has used this in real-world scenarios, I’d be very curious about your experience.

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Shared Attachments Or get search suggestion and latest updates.