I am Share Point Portal Server 2003 administrator in an organization,

In my organization SPP deployment scenario is as under;

Number of Sites = 100

Number of Users = 275

Concurrent Sessions = 50

Database Size = 5.45 GB

Average Rate of Data Increasing / Day = 10 MB

I have a following queries, can any body answer me;

How I can manage database size, should I require more content databases this time.
I am taking backup of IIS and SPP databases through sppbackup.exe, should I required any other backup for disaster recovery shift on new Hardware machine.
Which Hardware is standard (you recommend), presently it is installed on IBM eServer x345.
Which size of a Document is recommended to upload in document library, a user ask me that he want to upload 85 MB doc,
Can I use third party drop-down menu software in top level sites through Front Page 2003, and sure that there should no any Server performance issue.
How can I monitor concurrent users at a glance (any third Party Software).
Let me the tips to maintain my Share Point Portal Server in good health / smooth operation.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Apr 29

Check inline comments.

I am Share Point Portal Server 2003 administrator  in an organization,

In my organization SPP deployment scenario is as under;

Number of Sites = 100

Number of Users = 275

Concurrent Sessions = 50

Database Size = 5.45 GB

Average Rate of Data Increasing / Day = 10 MB

I have a following queries, can any body answer me;

How I can manage database size, should I require more content databases this time.[Reply]   Use a combination of site quotas and max number of sites on the database properties. These two items will work together to effectively give you a max DB size
I am taking backup of IIS and SPP databases through sppbackup.exe, should I required any other backup for disaster recovery shift on new Hardware machine.[Reply] Â Backup the 60 hive and your SPS binaries too.
Which Hardware is standard (you recommend), presently it is installed on IBM eServer x345.
Which size of a Document is recommended to upload in document library, a user ask me that he want to upload 85 MB doc, [Reply] Should work fine.
Can I use third party drop-down menu software in top level sites through Front Page 2003, and sure that there should no any Server performance issue.[Reply] It should work fine.
How can I monitor concurrent users at a glance (any third Party Software).
Let me the tips to maintain my Share Point Portal Server in good health / smooth operation.[Reply]  I think you need some education J. Consider attending a solid SharePoint Administrators class.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Share Point Portal Server 2003 administrator Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: