Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Setup account

Asked By: Grace    Date: Jun 30    Category: MOSS    Views: 758

I tried this out on Usenet, but no one bit:

I'm running MOSS2007 Setup and then the Configuration Wizard while logged on to a domain account that is (among other things) a member of the SQL Server 2000 dbcreator and securityadmin roles. The Configuration Wizard stops with the error "Configuration Failed" - "Failed to register SharePoint services." "An exception of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown. Additional exception information: Windows NT user or group 'NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE' not found" (these are also in the Application Event Log).

It successfully created the Configuration and Administration Content databases the (remote) SQL server. I noticed, though, that users and roles are defined on these databases but no permissions are set up on them.

The MS document "Deploy Office SharePoint Server 2007 (Beta 2) in a server farm environment" (officebeta.iponet.net/.../HA100337721033.aspx) specifies that the installation account must be "a member of the SQL Server Logins, which grants login access to your SQL Server instance." I assume they're just talking about setting up a login for the setup account.

The DB account specified when the wizard is run is also a member of the securityadmin and dbcreator roles.

Am I missing a role somewhere?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mary Adams     Answered On: Jun 30

Third time lucky. I re-ran the config wizard  and the third time it
finished successfully.

Answer #2    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Jun 30

I suspect that this has to do with the (remote) SQL server  and server
resolution or permissions. Check out post on installing MOSS
2007:
mindsharpblogs.com/.../1153.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Setup account Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: