Seting Up Sharepoint Team Servies as Virtual Server with different

Asked By: Imdrajit    Date: Oct 06    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 827

I am planning to install my Sharepoint Team Services on and single box
with SQL on it. But i want to keep all the STS site files and the
Databases on a different partition eg. (E:). This server is also
hosting SMS and SMS reporting. I dont want STS to use the default site
of IIS.

And also i want to assign this site an local IP with Hostheader value
as www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com, locally for my domain. for this how to i do the
DNS entry to the DNS server, which will router all the traffic of
www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com to my local STS server.

I have created an virtual site in IIS with hostheader as
www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com whose home directory is pointing to the location
which assigned. but when i run "setupsts.exe remotesql=yes" and follow
the wizard, it dowsnt gives any option to select or upgrade any
pre-exsisting virtual web site to change to STS. And when i browser
www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.intranet.com i get "Under Construction".

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Tagged: