Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to set create-only permissions to publishing pages library?

Asked By: Tapasvi    Date: Jun 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2580

I have publishing site where users can add their own pages to some libraries. I have problem with permissions when user creates new page. Here's how I set permissions:

all users are added to members group (by default they can view pages)
members group has view permissions also for master pages library
For site where users can add pages I set the following permissions on pages library
users can add view pages
users can add pages
When user adds new page then he/she gets automatically edit permissions for this page. So users can edit only their own pages.

I found out that add permission is not enough - when user creates page then he/she gets access denied error. The minun that doesn't cause problems is approver permission to pages library (of course, now users can do everything on pages library they ever want to do). Is there any way to avoid making users as approvers?

They only need view and add permissions for page library and view and edit permissions for pages they added. They cannot do anything more. Approving and denying of pages is administrators job.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Marquise Farley     Answered On: Jun 15

I think the current version of sharepoint can’t help you realize this function as the users  in “Contributor” permission group  who have view  permission to the pages  have edit  permission at the same time.
I suggest you to write code to achieve it. You can refer to the links below: