Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Service Request form and workflow in sharepoint?

Asked By: Jason    Date: Jun 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 6642

Hello all, please forgive my ignorance as I am new to this forum as well as sharepoint. Background is primarly web application development, but I have been tasked with coming up with a sharepoint solution for our organization...and frankly I am lost.

Our organization has a xls form that is filled out and submitted via email to one of a number of approvers. at this time this is all done via email. Workflow as follows:

1) client fills out a new service request using the service request template which is a form in excel.

2) client submits via email the SR as an attachment to one of many approvers.

3) Approvers reject or approve and the form is then forwarded to our Service Desk team (if approved) where a new SR iscreated in our SDE application.

What we would like to have is...

The same form is available in sharepoint intranet, accessible to all.

1) client access said form and fills it out. The implementation of a submission button where in the form is sent (as an attachment preferably) to a selected approver (a drop down list of approvers would need to be available). The remainder of the workflow does not change, it is just that first step for now that we wish to create in sharepoint.

I hope this makes sense, and please, any suggestions/input is GREATLY appreciated.

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Service Request form and workflow in sharepoint? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.