Logo 
Search:

WSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » WSS       RSS Feeds

Server Variables created in SharePoint Designer dont render in IE

Asked By: Rick    Date: May 29    Category: WSS    Views: 2946

Hi there,

Im having a problem with Server Variables. Basically I cant get them to work. I have found many useful posts online for customised Lists and passing parameters, all of which use Server Variables for data but I just cannot get them to work.

Here is my latest example:

I have a 'Title' field in a DataView WebPart and I want to create a hyperlink to a custom page. Now this is simple enough BUT i want to pass some values into the custom page.

I create ParameterBindings for say 'UserID', 'Today' and 'Session'

<ParameterBindings>
<ParameterBinding Name="UserID" Location="QueryString(UID)" DefaultValue=""/>
<ParameterBinding Name="Today" Location="CAMLVariable" DefaultValue="CurrentDate"/>
<ParameterBinding Name="Session" Location="QueryString(Session)" DefaultValue=""/>
</ParameterBindings>

And I create the appropriate XLS parameter:

<xsl:param name="dvt_apos">'</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="UserID" />
<xsl:param name="Today" />
<xsl:param name="Session" select="concat($Today,substring-after($UserID,'\'))" />

Now I want to pass these values into a hyperlink and to the next page, so I create my hyperlink:

<a href="page2.aspx?Title={@Title}&Session={$Session}"><xsl:value-of select="@Title" /></a>

Everything looks fine as when I hover over the hyperlink in SharePoint Designer it displays:

/page2.aspx/Title=Hyperlink1Session=2012-5-29T14:43:49Z

But when I save the .aspx page and click the link in SharePoint it loses the Server variable:

/page2.aspx/Title=Hyperlink1Session=

It does this EVERY TIME with ANY Server Variable. I just cant get it to pass the value.

Why is this? Its driving me insane!!!

Any help would be great

Rick Lister

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Tagged: