WSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » WSS       RSS Feeds

Server Variables created in SharePoint Designer dont render in IE

Asked By: Rick    Date: May 29    Category: WSS    Views: 2809

Hi there,

Im having a problem with Server Variables. Basically I cant get them to work. I have found many useful posts online for customised Lists and passing parameters, all of which use Server Variables for data but I just cannot get them to work.

Here is my latest example:

I have a 'Title' field in a DataView WebPart and I want to create a hyperlink to a custom page. Now this is simple enough BUT i want to pass some values into the custom page.

I create ParameterBindings for say 'UserID', 'Today' and 'Session'

<ParameterBinding Name="UserID" Location="QueryString(UID)" DefaultValue=""/>
<ParameterBinding Name="Today" Location="CAMLVariable" DefaultValue="CurrentDate"/>
<ParameterBinding Name="Session" Location="QueryString(Session)" DefaultValue=""/>

And I create the appropriate XLS parameter:

<xsl:param name="dvt_apos">'</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="UserID" />
<xsl:param name="Today" />
<xsl:param name="Session" select="concat($Today,substring-after($UserID,'\'))" />

Now I want to pass these values into a hyperlink and to the next page, so I create my hyperlink:

<a href="page2.aspx?Title={@Title}&Session={$Session}"><xsl:value-of select="@Title" /></a>

Everything looks fine as when I hover over the hyperlink in SharePoint Designer it displays:

But when I save the .aspx page and click the link in SharePoint it loses the Server variable:

It does this EVERY TIME with ANY Server Variable. I just cant get it to pass the value.

Why is this? Its driving me insane!!!

Any help would be great

Rick Lister

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.