Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Sending Email from Datasheet View

Asked By: Joel    Date: Feb 22    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 6729

First, I'm an end user, not an administrator.

We are moving from SP 2007 to 2010 in 1 month.

Situation:

I note that in Explorer View, I can select specific files, and email them. However, in this view, there are no filtering option such as in Datasheet view, and this is not practical when there are 100's of files. We are trying NOT to use a zillion folders, or else what's the point.

In datasheet view, I have clever filters in place, to get a view of a discreet subset of files by design. I want to select one or more (non sequential) of these, and EMAIL them. With SP 2007, I can neither select multiple files (other than in a sequential batch), nor can I email any files (single or otherwise) from this view.

Am I missing something? What is the point in having 100's of files in a meta-serchable directory, eliminateing the need for folders, if I cannot filter, select, and DO useful things with this files, even something as simple as just selecting emailing them from a *small* (not *enormous*) listing...

Please tell me that SP 2010 will let me use the datasheet view to filter down, selectively pick, then email files?

Fingers very crossed...

Joel

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Peter Kaiser     Answered On: Feb 27

You will be able to filter & selectively pick documents in SharePoint 2010 document library. However if you would like to send files as email attachment (not only url to files), than you need special add-ons for SharePoint 2010 document library. But don't worry they are quite cheap - here example: www.vialutions.com/.../

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Sending Email from Datasheet View Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: