Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Searching for a better way to browse PowerPoint content

Asked By: Imran    Date: May 01    Category: MOSS    Views: 1129

We've got an intranet site powered by MOSS that is used by our sales and pre-sales engineers. We currently post links to PPT documents across a number of pages. Our goal is to make it easier for somebody to see what's in the PPT before the choose to download it. I'm looking for a way to quickly serve up views of the pages within a presentation, without the user having to download it.

Any suggestions on 3rd party apps that could serve up a preview of a PPT on demand, as someone clicked around on different links? I suppose the content would have to be converted into another format to enable fast viewing in a streaming like fashion?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Bahadur Kotoky     Answered On: May 01

I've worked on a project where we used iSpring SDK to convert PPT to Flash. It could then be streamed 1 slide at a time without a full download. A little custom development was needed to do the conversion to flash in the way we wanted, but literally only about 3 man days.

www.ispringsolutions.com/products/ispring_sdk.html

Answer #2    Answered By: Jeremey Avery     Answered On: May 01

Have you checked out the Slide Library that comes with SharePoint? Depending on the type of site, it should show up in your list of Document Library types when you go to create a new List in your site. You can upload PowerPoint 2007 presentations to it. It will break them out into each individual slide and generate a thumbnail for the pages  that the user  can view. One additional bonus is that the user can easily pick and choose  the different slides they want and then merge those into a finished presentation.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Searching for a better way to browse PowerPoint content Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: