Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Search in WSS 3.0

Asked By: Jayshree    Date: Mar 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1317

I have created custom Search Application (Windows Application) with the Full-text index available with WSS 2.0 content database. The application dose the direct Database contact using ADO .Net. To get the desire results from the Search Application, I have used SQL queries ???Select statement with Contains clause???. Application can search any custom property in WSS 2.0 because it directly using a Full-text index available with content database. The searching is very fast as compare CAML queries. Now, I have upgraded my WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0 and I come to know that the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 uses the SharePoint search technology used by Office SharePoint Server 2007, rather than relying on Microsoft SQL Server full-text searching. Because of this the custom Search Application is broken in WSS 3.0. Hence I have tried to use FullTextSqlQuery class from WSS 3.0 object model to accomplish the functionality which is offered by full-text indexing. But searching custom properties using FullTextSqlQuery class from WSS 3.0 gives error "Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings." I did some research and found that the searching custom properties can be possible only by creating Managed Properties in the Search Settings of the Shared Service Provider. And the Shared Service Provider is only available with MOSS 2007. I have also tried the following query : ???SELECT Path, FileExtension from Scope() WHERE CONTAINS(ALL ,'Abc')??? The Query returns the correct path for the documents which are of Standard FileType (i.e. .doc, .xls, etc.), but the Query returns the ASPX page URL (???View Property??? Page URL: ServerName/MyDocLib/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=1) for the documents which are of our own/custom FileType (i.e. .lac, .tac, etc???). From the SharePoint documentation, it seems that ONLY the basic search is available with WSS 3.0 and Advanced Search is available with MOSS 2007. Can anybody help me regarding ???How to search our own custom properties in WSS3.0???? and ???what is the difference between the ???Basic Search??? and ???Advanced Search???? I will highly appreciate more information regarding the same.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Search in WSS 3.0 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: