Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Search by Multiple Topics

Asked By: Akeem    Date: Sep 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 675

in SharePoint 2003, how can I search for documents that exist in 2 or Topic areas? It is easy enough to search for a document within a topic, but I want to further limit the search to documents that are listed in 2 different topics. Can this be accomplished by setting up a content source or will that aggregate two topics rather than giving me the intersection of the topics?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gregg Wilkinson     Answered On: Sep 24

This is what search  scopes are designed to do. You can create custom search scopes that combine any topics  you would like.

Answer #2    Answered By: Darrel Sexton     Answered On: Sep 24

The issue is that if a setup a search  scope and specify topic A and topic B when I use the search scope the results are documents that are in A OR B. What I am looking for is a way to limit my search results to documents that are in topics  A AND B. I need the intersection of the set, not the union. I don't see a way to specify this when setting up a search scope. Am I missing something? Is there another way to achieve this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Search by Multiple Topics Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: