Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Search by Multiple Topics

Asked By: Akeem    Date: Sep 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 662

in SharePoint 2003, how can I search for documents that exist in 2 or Topic areas? It is easy enough to search for a document within a topic, but I want to further limit the search to documents that are listed in 2 different topics. Can this be accomplished by setting up a content source or will that aggregate two topics rather than giving me the intersection of the topics?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gregg Wilkinson     Answered On: Sep 24

This is what search  scopes are designed to do. You can create custom search scopes that combine any topics  you would like.

Answer #2    Answered By: Darrel Sexton     Answered On: Sep 24

The issue is that if a setup a search  scope and specify topic A and topic B when I use the search scope the results are documents that are in A OR B. What I am looking for is a way to limit my search results to documents that are in topics  A AND B. I need the intersection of the set, not the union. I don't see a way to specify this when setting up a search scope. Am I missing something? Is there another way to achieve this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Search by Multiple Topics Or get search suggestion and latest updates.