Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Scaling Out

Asked By: Jedidiah    Date: Jun 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 754

I'm doing a presentation within my company about SPS. One topic will be scaling out the system up to tree servers, medium setup.
That is two servers working in NLB as Web Front End and one server running Job/Indexing. One question will come up, I'm sure of it.

The question is why can't it run one two servers? That is to have two servers running in NLB, both running Web Front End and then one of them running Job/Indexing.

I know for sure that the correct setup is to have 3 servers. Some how I can not find the reason why I can not use two servers. Can someone explain this to me?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Dakota Shaffer     Answered On: Jun 13

I'm doing a presentation  within my company  about SPS. One topic  will be scaling  out the system  up to tree  servers, medium  setup.
That is two servers  working in NLB as Web front  End and one server  running Job/Indexing. One question  will come up, I'm sure of it.

The question is why can't it run  one two servers? That is to have two servers running  in NLB, both running Web Front end  and then one of them running Job/Indexing.

I know for sure that the correct setup  is to have 3 servers. Some how I can not find  the reason  why I can not use two servers. Can someone explain  this to me?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Scaling Out Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: