Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Scalability

Asked By: Simon    Date: May 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 627

Does anyone have any whitepaper information on scalability for Sharepoint? I'm trying to size my server correctly, and I'm wondering if adding additional processors and memory will help to be able to support more portals? At a minimum, I'll be getting a 4 processor (3GHz) box with 4GB of ram. If I were to get an 8 processor box with 8 or 16GB of ram, would that double the number of portals we could support? Will Sharepoint be able to take advantage of additional memory above 4GB? We already have a good sized backend SQL box in place for use in conjunction with this server, so that's not an issue.

I know that I'll need Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition if we do that - is there a Sharepoint Enterprise Edition as well?

The way we use Sharepoint, is for client extranets. We typically have 25 - 100 documents on any given portal, and maybe 5 users at any one time on a single portal. So, it's not hit terribly hard at this point. Clients are usually just looking at documents on the extranet and not usually editing them.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Scalability Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: