Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

How to use sample sites from Frontpage 2003 Customization Kit

Asked By: Stuart    Date: Nov 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 902

I am rather new to Sharepoint 2003. So appreciate with someone out there could help me thru this.

Recently, I have come to know this wonderful website: http://www.sharepointcustomization.com/

They have these three samples sites which I find it pretty cool and wish to use it on my company portal. Of course I will provide some enhancement to it.

Now I have managed to download one of the sample sites, ie, Sales.

But my problem is, I am not sure where I should place the files and folders. Need help on this…to get things moving!

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: George Watson     Answered On: Nov 15

I understand, the "sample sites" that you have downloaded are basically some templates to create a WSS site. You should at least have WSS up and running and then install these templates. Now, if you create a site, it would ask you which Site Template you would like to use. You can choose the one you have installed and have the site. Essentially, these templates are used to create sites  for specific use with a few clicks. For example, if you are interested in createing a Sales site, you must be looking for some sales related lists, a suitable look and feel, suitable webparts on your pages etc. Now, if you want to repeat the same thing for another site, you can create a template for Sales and simply use that template while creating the new site. Similarly, there are templates for HR etc. available on the Net. You may use these to quickly build your WSS site.

Answer #2    Answered By: Gabriel Patterson     Answered On: Nov 15

So sorry for the late reply...I was away from office for the past
few days. Well....I have the WSS installed now and looks like i need
to find ways of how to "install" or rather place those sample
templates in place....

Tagged: