MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

running MOSS WCM and MCMS2002 on same Virtual Server

Asked By: Kavisha    Date: Mar 04    Category: MOSS    Views: 10001

Is it possible to run MOSS 2007/WCM and MCMS 2002 on the same web server?
If so, is there documentation to set up such environment?

For our MCMS-MOSS migration, we've decided to just start from scratch with MOSS WCM. We will be building/adding new content in MOSS. MCMS content will be migrated manually. Since both systems will still be publishing content while the content is migrated to MOSS, both systems will need to be running under our domain: www.ourdomainname.com

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gail Richmond     Answered On: Mar 04

I've heard that it's possible but I haven't found any procedure to do that yet. We did a MCMS-MOSS migration and we built a different set of server. I think that it's the best approach but you have to migrate all the site at one time.

The two products are very different. MOSS requiered a lot more memory (our w3wp process go over 1 gig sometimes) than MCMS. You should really think to install MOSS on a 64 bits OS to have enough memory to handle your site.

I don't know if MCMS 2002 can be install on a 64 bits OS... Also, I don't know exactly what will happen if you setup MOSS and MCMS to respond to www.ourdomainname.com . They will fight each other to give an answer.

I'm almost sure that you will run  into a long debug process.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on running MOSS WCM and MCMS2002 on same Virtual Server Or get search suggestion and latest updates.