Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Restrict access to document library...

Asked By: Devika    Date: Jun 11    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 11772

I have a requirement to restrict users even not to get inside the document library. Is there any way I can restrict the document library entry itself? But I want to display the document libary on home page.(whatever displayed information should display in home page should not have any hyperlink or if there on click any part of this document library it should ask for the credentionals.)

Share: 

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Darrius Whitfield     Answered On: Jun 11

Well you can change the security settings of that document  library for the people who have access  to see them. But if you want to display  it in the homepage with all the information  (i assume they are the uploaded files), then you have to give all the users  with View only access. Hope this will help you.

Answer #2    Answered By: Adrienne Greene     Answered On: Jun 11

I have a similar need, only I want to hide the fact that a directory exists from everyone EXCEPT the Administrator/Web Master. I know how to enforce a “View Only” permission, but I can’t seem to find/create a “Hide” scenario. Anyway to do that?

Answer #3    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Jun 11

I could not understand the problem clearly. It would be nice if you can elaborate more... I didn't get wat you meant by Hide. Is that you want only the Administrators and the Web Designer Site groups to view the list? If so, remove the other groups or the users  for that particular list.

Answer #4    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Jun 11

This is easy after I found the solution.
1. Go to the security section of document  library.(goto enhanced options in left frame document library..)
2. You will have to remove all the groups web designer,reader, contributor etc. and save it.
3. Now only administrator can access  this document library  information.
4. Now create a linked list and add document library name with hyperlink. Give access to everybody for this linked list.
5. Now the linked list is displayed  for everybody. where as if you click  the link it will throws you prompt. if you are administrator you can enter inside  the document library. if not it throws access denied error.

Answer #5    Answered By: Keenan Whitehead     Answered On: Jun 11

You figured it correctly – that worked!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Restrict access to document library... Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: