MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

ReportViewer Web Part with MOSS 2007 installed

Asked By: Kassandra    Date: Jun 22    Category: MOSS    Views: 1614

I have created a web page (in Layouts) using the ReportViewer Web Part. When I try to view the report I get the following error message

The type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Analytics.UI.ReportViewerMessages, Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' does not implement IReportViewerMessages at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ConfigFilePropertyInterface`1.EnsurePropertyLoaded()

I found the following post which seems to offer a solution but for some reason this did not work

I also found the following

And as given in the solution my web site and the reports server are running in two different sites anyway but I still get the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mason Salazar     Answered On: Jun 22

Are you running SSRS in integrated mode with SharePoint? The ReportViewer web  part won't work if you are not integrated.

I'm assuming that you are integrated in which case I'm not sure if you can place the web part  on a custom ASPX page. I would recommend putting it on a WPPage.aspx which can be created through the GUI and added to a document library. Then you could add the viewer to that page and see if it works properly. This will at least validate your configuration is correct.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on ReportViewer Web Part with MOSS 2007 installed Or get search suggestion and latest updates.