MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

ReportService2006.asmx - I need an endpoint change

Asked By: Raul    Date: Oct 05    Category: MOSS    Views: 5348

I've got SSRS in Integration mode with MOSS 2007.

When run in Native mode, deploying a report in Visual Studio accesses ReportService2005.asmx.
When run in Integration mode, deploying a report in Visual Studio SHOULD access ReportService2006.asmx.

I've verified that my integration is active, that my report service is running, and everything else is working fine. The only issue, is that Visual Studio is still accessing ReportService2005.asmx. I've read that the endpoint proxy needs to change, potentially using a web reference in Visual Studio. I'm not able to do so in my Report Project in VS2005.

Is there anyone out there that has faced this issue? Or knows how to tell Visual Studio to use the correct .asmx file?

I've been struggling with this for days, and I can't find an article or blog anywhere that details how to fix this, only posts of people with the same problem!

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Cole Curtis     Answered On: Oct 05

I found the solution to my problem. After several days of being stumped, it turns out it is something very simple, but easily overlooked.

My production environment was integrated and set up correctly, but I failed to realize that SP3 for SQL2005 makes changes to Visual Studio 2005, and my installation of VS was on a development machine. I didn't see anywhere that it updates BIDS.

I actually updated VS2005 to SP1 and that had no effect, it wasn't until Visual Studio was patched with the SQL SP3 that everything worked perfectly.

So...just a reminder, if you have VS on a separate machine from your SQL/SharePoint integration, you need to throw sql2005 with sp2/3 on your dev machine!!!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on ReportService2006.asmx - I need an endpoint change Or get search suggestion and latest updates.