Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Reports, Wikipages, Documents questions in sharepoint

Asked By: Rickie    Date: Apr 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 885

1. How the reporting works in MOSS like, if i want to display number of hits, user trafic, most popular pages, links etc. If anyone knows answer. can you list down the steps so that it will be really helpful to me.

2. Can i include a page 1 information in page 2 of wiki or have i to copy the entire content from page 1 to page 2. We know that we create links to pages. But i want the content/matter/information present in that page to be accessed in another page. If so, can you list down the steps so that it will be helpful to me.

3. Last question. Can anyone give steps to give permissions to edit a document for different users.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Lorenzo Steele     Answered On: Apr 24

1. How the reporting  works in MOSS like, if i want to display  number of hits, user  trafic, most popular pages, links  etc. If anyone knows answer. can you list  down the steps  so that it will be really helpful to me.

Basically Site Actions, Site Settings, Site Administration, Site Usage Reports
or Site Actions, Site Settings, Site Collection Administration, Site Collection Usage Reports
Also reports  from sharepoint  Designer:
office.microsoft.com/.../HA101741361033.aspx

> 2. Can i include  a page  1 information  in page 2 of wiki  or have i to copy  the entire  content from page 1 to page 2. We know that we create  links to pages. But i want the content/matter/information present in that page to be accessed  in another page. If so, can you list down the steps so that it will be helpful to me.

Just links using "[[" and "]]". No option to imbed data from page 1 into page 2. (Although might be possible from the HTML editor using JavaScript with web service calls, or an IFRAME with some JavaScript tricks, but nothing easy for the typical user of a Wiki to do.)

> 3. Last question. Can anyone give  steps to give permissions  to edit  a document  for different users.

office.microsoft.com/.../HA101001491033.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Reports, Wikipages, Documents questions in sharepoint Or get search suggestion and latest updates.