Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Reporting on Sharepoint Content

Asked By: Ramsey    Date: Jan 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 637

I've been trying to find information on how to get started with creating reports based on information stored in sharepoint lists and libraries. It seems all reporting in sharepoint has to do with usage (I don't need this). I've read that SQL reporting services might work, but sharepoint lists aren't directly accessable via sql and there's a list of work arounds and hacks that are needed. There is a "plugin" for SRS but it looks like this is for placing already working reports in webparts. If anyone has any solutions for reporting whether using SRS or 3rd party tools, it would be appreciated. Specifically, I'm looking to have automated reports emailed to decision makers that say things like how many widgets were sold in the last 30 days, etc. Dashboards will not satisfy the requirement.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Silvia Wilkinson     Answered On: Jan 26

you can use sharepoint  webservices to make reports  on reporting  services
Article:
www.sharepointblogs.com/.../...int-list-redux.aspx

If you need to understand the Database Structure of Sharepoint content  this article can help:
www.codeproject.com/.../...ns-not-query-sp-db.aspx

Microsoft dont support changes you make directly  on Database but you can follow what microsoft recommend about
"Support for changes to the databases that are used by Office server products and by Windows SharePoint Services"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841057/en-us

Answer #2    Answered By: Candy Walter     Answered On: Jan 26

You can generate documents and reports  from information  stored in sharepoint  lists using "SharePoint document and reports generator" from www.sharepointdrive.com . It alows you to create Word 2007 templates with custom tags that are replaced at the time the report is generated. Reports can be stored  in SharePoint lists  or return to user on the fly. At the moment there is no automated  email sending functionality but i think you can achieve this using workflows in SharePoint.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Reporting on Sharepoint Content Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: