Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Reporting Services Sharepoint Integration

Asked By: Sade    Date: Feb 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1081

I'm trying to integrate RS with SP, this is the environment:

1 - I have two machines, one for the database and the other for sharepoint server.
2 - There is no a windows domain.
3 - I have used psconfing.exe to create a sharepoint database

When I try to configure reporting services Integration from sharepoint central administration I have this problem:

- I try to enter username and password for retriving Reporting Services service account to grant database access and I cant find a valid user.

I know that if there was a domain i could have used a domain user that is in this group "WSS_WPG", but I have no a windows domain and I also know that when the sp db is on a different machine all the users of that machine cannot access the db.

The question is:

Can I Integrate SP and RS when the sp database is not on the same machine of the sp server and THERE IS NO A windows domain? (if yes how can i do it?)

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Nisarg Kapadia     Answered On: Feb 16

domain  account is required if:

The SharePoint site and the report server  are on different computers.
The SharePoint site is hosted in an application pool that runs as a built-in account, such as NetworkService.
The report server endpoint on the SharePoint Web application is configured to use Trusted account  mode.
If you do not use a domain user  account, the following error occurs when a user views a report or accesses Reporting Services features from the SharePoint site:

"An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode. The permissions granted to user 'acccountname' are insufficient for performing this operation."

You avoid this error by following the recommendations in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 product documentation and run the application pool service  as a domain account. For more information about service account requirements and recommendations, see Plan for administrative and service accounts in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 product documentation.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Reporting Services Sharepoint Integration Or get search suggestion and latest updates.