Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Reporting Services error

Asked By: Raven    Date: Sep 20    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1639

When I go into ->central Admin->application management->Reporting Services->set server defaults i receive the following error:

An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode. --> Server was unable to process request. ---> The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

I have read some stuff online but am unable to resolve this error.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Chandrabhan Agarkar     Answered On: Sep 20

Since you are getting a 404 error  and everything appears to be set up okay, I'd guess that maybe the report  Manager really is not configured  correctly. You can open the SSRS Config Wizard and start over setting up the configuration to see if that helps correct the issue.

However, if you prefer to avoid that process, one last thing I can think to check is the rsconfig files.

Go to Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x where x is the install folder of your SQL instance. (I may have the path incorrect as I'm working from memory). In this folder there will be a SQL Reporting Service folder that has some configuration files. Open them up and look for the virutal path for the report server  in the XML. Sometimes these folders are misconfigured which could lead to 404s.

See technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155866.aspx for information about these configuration files.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Reporting Services error Or get search suggestion and latest updates.